quinta-feira, julho 28, 2005

Three Continents, no happy end

Stancy had cold fingers, freezy cold indeed - like those which take the hot away from the sun light. And Stancy was alone at home typing in a quite old keyboard with her grandmother who had moved to the distant China. However Asia was rather a good place to live, they wore little hats to sleep, as she said, in order to hide their brains from nightmares; they could also not sleep if they did not want to - that was scientifically prooved: because of their quite shutted eyes asians never died from imnsonia. His grandmother, now called Xing-Ling, used to tell her a lot of adventures with warm breads and cookies that made her anxious also to travel abroad and get there as soon as possible.

Stancy lived in Jackstill Town, very far from California, near New York - and I really don´t know why I´ve mentioned California, maybe because I was born there, or I think so -; she was annoyed because she was supposed to be happy with all those cheeseburgers and Hollywood movies, with those pretty clever hip hop guys from downtown. Although she just wanted her grandmothers cookies, though they weren´t as warm as a hot dog in the famous Staples Center, neither so noise - if we can say noise about a cookie, no, about hot dogs.

I don´t know where Stancy is right now, I hope she has acomplished her dream, lest she is still there behind her keyboard, behind that eletric curtain of the real world. Nothing could disturb more the humanity than this ominous weekend that I found our photos from Paris, in a Winter trip, when besides the river she was showing me how cold were her nose, her fingers, her neck... Nevertheless, I knew her eyes were her coldest bodypart and her soul... God, her soul still freezes me. She certainly does not remember me as I do not forget her, and I swear, my world was quite warm till minutes ago...